Bolsa Chica 360° Interactive Virtual Tour
Discover Bolsa Chica in a new way!
Welcome to the Bolsa Chica Land Trust’s Bolsa Chica 360° Interactive Virtual Tour! The self-guided tour takes you around the Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve’s scenic and natural landscapes filled with interesting facts about the ecology, wildlife, and history of Bolsa Chica. Discover and experience Bolsa Chica like never before! We hope you enjoy exploring this unique and important open space.
Instructions to navigate the Bolsa Chica 360° Interactive Virtual Tour
- Navigate the virtual tour with your mouse. For the best experience, we suggest viewing it full screen by clicking the ‘More Functions’ button (3 dots at the top right corner), and selecting ‘Full Screen’.
- You can zoom in and out for a closer look.
- Click on the screen once to make all the extra icons go away. Click on it again to bring them back.
- To travel to a new location in the Reserve click on one of the teardrop images or on the image in the image scroll at the bottom.
- A sidebar map opens on the right of the screen by clicking on the compass symbol.
- Click on the round ‘i’ symbol for informational content.
Welcome to our Bolsa Chica 360° Interactive Virtual Tour! We hope you enjoy exploring the different areas of the Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve with your students.
There are 20 informational buttons led by Cool Azul, the Miracles of the Marsh mascot. This tour supplements the Slide Show Presentation and Student Activity Booklet.
|Wooden walk bridge||Cool Azul #1: Introduction|
|Wooden walk bridge||Cool Azul #2: Ecosystems|
|Wooden walk bridge||Cool Azul #3: Habitats|
|Nesting site||Cool Azul #4: Birds and the Pacific Flyway|
|Nesting site||Cool Azul #5: Endangered Birds|
|Tidal basin||Cool Azul #6: The Food Web|
|Tidal basin||Cool Azul #7: Terns|
|Inner Bolsa Bay overlook||Cool Azul #8: Wetland Habitat|
|Inner Bolsa Bay overlook||Cool Azul #9: Ducks|
|Sand dunes||Cool Azul #10: Sand Dune Habitat|
|The Point||Cool Azul #11: History- Native Americans|
|Gun Club||Cool Azul #12: History- The Spanish and the Gun Club|
|Gun Club||Cool Azul #13: Great Blue Herons|
|Tidal Basin overlook||Cool Azul #14: History- Oil|
|The Point||Cool Azul #15: History- WWII|
|BCLT Growing Space Nursery||Cool Azul #16: Upland Coastal Sage Scrub Habitat|
|BCLT Growing Space Nursery||Cool Azul #17: History- Saving Bolsa Chica|
|Mesa||Cool Azul #18: Bird Bill Lengths|
|Crossroads between upper and lower areas||Cool Azul #19: Watershed and Plastic Soup|
|Crossroads between upper and lower areas||Cool Azul #20: What You Can Do|